Welcome to Grantown on Spey, the town with a true Highland heart and heritage.
If you are planning a tour, holiday or short break to our Scottish Highlands then consider why this historic town could be your perfect location.
Location, location, location
Grantown on Spey has been a pivotal location since its conception, design and planning in 1765 by the local Laird, and with the network of roads and railways common in the Victorian era, all routes pointed to the capital of Strathspey and Badenoch.
Points of Interest to note are:
- Access to two National Walking Routes: Spey Way and Dava Way
- Access to Mountain Bike Trails and Skills area in local woods
- Unique Thriving Highland High Street
- Local Cuisine for all. Cafes, Restaurants and Well known Pub for Pie & Chips.
- Gallery, Antique Shop, Award Winning Bookshop. Traditional Stores
- Traditional ironmongers – hardware, kitchenware, paints and more
- True Highland Hospitality and accommodation for all since 1860
- Fishing on our Spey River. Local Permits from £50 per day
- Strathspey Steam Railway from Broomhill heading to Grantown
- Our Highland High Street is thriving and offers so much choice and diversity. We have a true Highland heart and heritage so make time to visit our Tourist Office and Museum here in Grantown on Spey.
Events in Grantown
Here is just a taster of what’s in store this year.
May – Speyside Whisky Festival.
- June – 252nd Birthday Celebrations. Festival Town
- August – Harley Davidson Rally, Thunder in the Glen
- September – Motor Mania, Classic Motors in all shapes and sizes
- September – Highland Show, a local day for family and visitors alike
- Autumn – Whisky Festival
Winter and Spring
Grantown on Spey is the ideal town many call their other home.
Autumn is glorious as our the woodland walks and pathways by the River Spey.